Saturday, August 9, 2008

Harmon Hundred Planning

Since I'll be riding the Harmon Hundred with John (who will no longer be called Intern John by that time), I figured I'd better get my registration form filled out. John registered online and I went to go do the same. However, it turns out that the commemorative t-shirt costs $15 instead of $10 when you register online and John mentioned that there is an extra $3 electronic registration fee. To save $8 I printed out the form from the Wheeling Wheelmen page, wrote out a check, and mailed it in today. Now I'm official. Well, I will be when they receive the form on Monday or Tuesday.

Now for the real planning... that is, training. It was raining about an hour ago, but its not right now. I hope to get a nice bike ride in today on the road bike, but first I need to get air in that rear tire. If I can do that and get 10-15 miles logged, it will be a good step up from my normal 4-6 mile rides. I've done the 10 mile ride around town only once this summer, so maybe I should make 10 miles my goal for today and shoot for another 10 or so miles tomorrow. We'll see how the weather cooperates, and of course if I can get a presta adapter to inflate that rear tire today!

No comments: