Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Biking August 13, 2008

The kiddo decided she wanted to go for a bike ride today after dinner and I'm never one to turn down a bike ride. Well, I was doing the work and she was along for the ride in the trailer. We rode to the lake and back...

At the lake, we saw two ducks on the lake near the shore and then we saw a boat go by with a guy trailing behind water skiing. She had never seen anyone water ski before, so that was something new to her. When we started back towards home, we took a different route through Lakewood and at one point we saw a dog come out of the bushes up ahead and start walking on the road. Then I realized it wasn't a dog, it must be a cat as it had a big bushy tail. Then I realized it was much too large to be a cat.... this was a fox! I stopped on the side of the road and the fox just trotted down the other side like nothing was wrong. Strange, but true. If I had my phone with me I would have taken a picture, but it was nearing dusk and it probably would not have turned out very good anyway under all of the tree cover.

We proceeded home and to make our trip around wild kingdom complete, we saw a bunny rabbit cross the road just in front of our house. Ducks, a fox, and a rabbit. Nothing like a bike ride in suburbia.

Total distance: 5.49 miles, ride time about 35 mins, avg speed about 9.41 mph

No comments: