Sunday, August 3, 2008

Biking August 3, 2008

It turns out my neighbor (who is retired) is into biking and he has a Fuji road bike and a Cannondale comfort/mountain bike. He came over today and said he'd like to go riding with me so he doesn't need to ride alone. I was more than willing. He wanted to see the route that I take to get to the lake, so today I disconnected the trailer from the Giant and we took to the streets (and paths) and went cruising to the lake to check out the boats and people at the beach. On a nice warm, sunny day like today it was pretty busy, even for a private beach, which is what I ride past. On the way back we took to the crushed gravel path through a neighborhood and then cut over on a paved path through the woods leading into a golf course community. It was a good ride, but a little slow for me. I brought the Giant because I knew we wouldn't be breaking any land-speed records today, so I was not going to complain about the speed -- I had a riding partner!

View Interactive Map on MapMyFitness.com

Total distance: 5.28 miles, Ride time: 34.0 minutes, Avg speed: 9.31 mph

No comments: