Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Biking August 26, 2008

Today I rode with Neighbor Jim, my new-found cycling partner. We rode mostly MUP (bike paths) in Crystal Lake and Lake in the Hills. It is possible to stick to the trail from my back yard all the way south nearly to Lowes/Costco... in a roundabout way. The trail is nice and wide and paved for all but one stretch where its gravel. No idea why this one section of about 20 yards is gravel... and today was the first time I braved it on the Trek with its very narrow 700x25c tires!

Neighbor Jim and I talked most of the time so our speed was way down as its hard to carry on a conversation when you're going 15 mph down the road with the wind in your face. I told him about the 15 mile ride to the Fox River and he seemed interested in it -- but I think it would take nearly twice as long as my last time due to our leisurely pace when we ride together.

Total Distance: 5.86 mi, ride time: 41 mins, avg speed: 8.57 mph

No comments: