Friday, August 8, 2008

Biking August 8, 2008

Today was just a quick trip down to CVS to pick up more allergy meds for Jake the Dog. I went to grab the Trek and saw that the rear tire was very low, so it needed some pumping. Problem. The pump I have now only works on Schrader valves, not Presta valves, so I can't pump it up. Oops! I'll need to remedy that soon. So I grabbed the Giant (without the trailer for this ride) and make the quick trip down to CVS and back.

Total distance: 2.61 miles, 12.5 minutes ride time, 12.52 mph avg speed.

I talked to John (the intern) at work yesterday about possibly doing the Harmon Hundred bike ride. They offer 25/50/75/100 mile routes through southern Wisconsin, starting from Wilmot Mountain. He said it sounded like it would be fun, but we didn't decide on anything for certain. Today when I saw him he told me that he signed up and that I couldn't back out now. :) So now I'll be riding the Harmon Hundred (25 mile route, I think) on Sunday Sept 7th. My training will need to ramp up a little bit in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: