Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Morning Ride

With the kiddo up early and the house feeling hot and humid, we decided to go for a morning bike ride. Actually it was her idea -- she brought it up -- but I was more than willing to hit the road. This was my 2nd time pulling her in the trailer and we went farther and I increased the avg speed to 8.98 mph for the 45 minute ride. We hit 15 mph once on a slight downhill, but I didn't want to go too fast pulling the trailer as I'm not really sure how fast its meant to go and I'm not sure how comfy the ride is back there at higher speeds. :)

Today we rode to the lake, watched some boats go by and then slowly made our way back home, taking the scenic route through the golf course neighborhood. People were walking and biking and I even saw one couple pulling a big hairy dog in a wagon and the wagon had an umbrella attached to shade the dog. Talking about riding in style! Speaking of dogs, I did see dog poop on the parkway in the golf course community so apparently dog walkers everywhere have no respect for other people's yards...

No comments: