Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Biking July 6, 2008

After my parents left and headed back to NC, I decided to take the Giant out on a little cruise. Most of my riding had been limited to 2 or 3 miles each way and I decided to go for a decade: 10 miles. I hit the road and went north until I was able to head east and cross town headed towards the McHenry County Prairie Trail, a 26 mile bike path running north/south through the county. When I got to the trail, my bike computer registered 4.0 miles so I decided to head back towards the house. I veered north and made my way to the shoreline of Crystal Lake, where i saw many families picnicing, grilling, and drinking beer at a private beach that is part of the homeowners' association on the south shore of the lake. From there, I headed south, through a city park, on a bike path, and then made my way back home.

Total distance: 10.5 miles, 54 minutes, 11.6 mph avg speed

No comments: