Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bike Trailering

Yesterday I decided to get a bike trailer so that my daughter could ride along on some of my bike rides. Its not a Burley, as those things are just too expensive and even on craigslist the things go for over $200 bucks in used condition. Instead I got a Schwinn, which we all know is really Pacific Cycle, not the Schwinn of old. But it was either the Schwinn with an aluminum frame and steel spoke wheels, or an in-Step brand (also made by Pacific Cycle) that was a little smaller, had a steel frame, and plastic mag wheels. The Schwinn looks to be much higher quality, and the aluminum frame should make it a little lighter.

I'll put it together today and we'll go on the inaugural ride! Will report back later on the results and opinions. Oh, she also got a nice purple helmet with butterflies or something on it. She picked it out, of course.

No comments: