Saturday, September 6, 2008

T-Minus 1 day

This is it. Sign-in for the Harmon Hundred ride begins in less than 22 hours. If you've been following the blog, I've managed ZERO training rides this week. Today I'll have to do something, if nothing else than pumping up the tires and making sure everything is ready to go for tomorrow morning. I'll be meeting John and Katie sometime after 7:30am up in Wilmot... but I'm not exactly sure where.

I haven't put any thought into what I should eat before the race. In fact, this morning I realized that I'm all out of carrot juice. I've really taken a liking to this sweet-tasting orange-colored juice. Costco sells it in three-packs for pretty cheap, and it tastes as good as a carrot straight out of a juicer. So let's assume I'll pick up some more carrot juice today. What should I eat to have a "full tank" of energy for the ride? I'll have to think about it... I'm not sure a couple of chocolate donuts are the solution. :)



I'll try to get a few miles on the bike today, but nothing serious. Tomorrow is the big day!

No comments: