Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Ride - 9/28/2008

Temps were perfect for an afternoon ride today. After finishing up some other chores such as re-grouting one of the floor tiles and putting up new screen on the sliding screen door, I put on some lightweight biking apparel (is that code?) and hit the road. I traveled around the southern part of Crystal Lake (the lake itself, not the town) and then hit the country roads west of town. There are a bunch of rolling hills on some of the roads (Bard, Ballard, and Haligus Roads) and it was a good workout! I got up to 27.01 mph on one of the downhills, but I wasn't pedaling super fast... just enjoying the ride and preparing for the uphill climb on the other side!

I saw lots of fall leaves - some on trees, and some on the ground. I also had a mishap with a large ledge of blacktop pavement and my big toe on my left foot. I'm thinking that I need some closed-toe sandals for next year so I don't break a toe as I almost did today! I love my Teva sandals and they're very light and comfy for biking, but I think I'll invest in a pair of Teva sandals with toe protection since my toe still hurts!

Total distance: 16.38 miles, ride time: 01:16:35, avg speed: 12.84 mph

No comments: