Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 21st Ride-n-Sleep

Today I pumped up the tires on the Giant Sedona and the trailer to haul the little wubba in. We set out for the lake via a round-about path. We saw several bikers out today but I was the only one pulling a trailer with a 30+ pounds of cargo. We made it to the lake and took a short break before I was ordered to "Keep Moving!!" ...
Just a mile or so later it became very quiet... because she fell asleep! The trailer isn't a smooth ride by any stretch of the imagination, so you can tell she must have been very tired! Maybe the fresh air knocked her out... but that left me with the final 3 miles to ride in silence. That is unless you count the sound of the howling wind in my face as I pedaled into a brisk southern wind! Today was more of a workout than last weekend. I went slightly longer but much slower while towing the trailer.

No pictures to share this time. I will need to post about my new Sigma PC15 heart rate monitor... but I'll save that for next time.

Total Distance: 6.36 miles, Ride time: 40 mins?? ... Avg speed 9.54 mph

No comments: