Sunday, May 3, 2009

May 3 - Ride to Huntley

This morning I decided to get in a bike ride before lunch. Still sore from 7 hours of hard manual labor in the yard on Saturday, I bravely hit the road on my Trek 400T. The weather was great, but the westerly wind was blowing pretty hard in my face for the first half of the ride.

After riding through parts of Crystal Lake and Lakewood, I went south to the new Centegra medical campus in Huntley. Actually, I stopped just short of there as I turned east at Reed Rd so I could avoid the busy Algonquin Rd intersection. Coming back through parts of Huntley, I stopped for a rest stop next to a pond and some trees.



On the way back home, I rode past our old house in Lake in the Hills. I saw one of the old neighbors outside but didn't stop to talk as he was busy yelling as his kids to do something. :)

Total distance: 13.08 miles, ride time: 1hr 6 min, avg speed: 11.83 mph

No comments: